What is Reflexive Pronouns?
The reflexive pronouns are used when the subject and object of the sentence is the same. Other funcion is to stress one of these elements. You Might Not Heard Of Reflexive Pronouns But You Have Probably Used Them!
Reflexive Pronouns Keywords :
Reflexive Pronouns Are Used :-
1) when the subject and the object are the same person or thing.
• He cut himself while he was cooking.
• Did you enjoy yourself at the party?
2) to emphasize that something is done independently.
• The little boy walked himself this morning.
• She drives herself to Mexico City.
3) To stress the subject or object.
• They complained to the waiter himself.
• She arrived herself to the party.
Examples Of Reflexive Pronuns
- How old were you when you walk by yourself?
- Do you wash your clothes yourself?
- Does your best friend live by herself/ himself?
- I have to do my taxes myself now that I‘m an adult.
- When kids leave their parents‘ houses they have to support themselves.
- She has to clean her house by herself since she has no cleaning lady.
- The United States developed themselves as a prosperous nation.
- You all don‘t need me. You can do this ourselves.
- The president excused itself from the conference.
- Susan didn‘t shoot yourself. She had an accident.
- I can‘t look at yourself. I‘m too hideous!
What is Relative Pronouns?
A relative pronoun is a pronoun that marks a relative clause. it is used to refer to nouns mentioned previously, Relative pronouns can be used to join two sentences.
Relative Pronouns Keywords :
Examples Of Relative Pronuns
The following are examples of sentences that have relative clauses starting with relative pronouns.
- The DVD recorder which I bought at this store a few days ago is not working.
- My dad, who travels a lot on business, is in Australia at the moment.
- We stayed at the famous Rockstar hotel, which also had an indoor swimming pool.
- I have to buy a present for my mother, whose birthday is next week.
- The man who told me this refused to give his name.
- I have a friend whose cat is annoying.
- The driver who went through the stop sign was careless.