Crush Your Competition Through Digital Marketing Strategy
“What We’re Seeing Nowadays Is That The Customer Is Becoming Much More Sophisticated”
Because They Know That Every Businessman Are Using Some Kind Of Digital Marketing Strategy To Crush Their Competitors And They’re Looking A Lot Of Different Areas Where They Can Learn Information About Your Business”.
So in this article, I’m going to talk about why you need to take the time to create a digital marketing road-map of “where your customers are online”.
In today’s world, It’s really important to have an educated consumer who knows the costs and the benefits of all the different channels online.
In the past, I think there was a lot of online businesses who thought if I just get ranked number one for this keyword or these five keywords inside of Google, “I’m gonna be making millions and millions of dollars a year.”
You know in some cases that’s absolutely true, but what we’re seeing now is that the digital marketing landscape is evolving just a bit as well as the consumer.
So let me talk about that specifically, Say I’m somebody who’s looking for a new product or service perhaps I’m looking for a Digital Marketing Consultant or Brand Strategy Planner or some any other type of service.
When I go online I’m not just going to Google one thing, Click on that result and then convert the consumer,
Nowadays they know there’s a lot more information out there, so they’re not simply going to be a search click a conversion.
Unfortunately it’s gotten much more complicated than that, because the consumer is now doing a lot more research.
So me as the consumer :-
- I might do a search I might click on the first listing I might see the website,
- After that I’m going to go back to Google again I’m gonna start looking at reviews of this person or I might go to some of the top review sites.
- I might go to their social media profiles I will click on their social media profiles, Go through each one of them and try to see is this person doing updates recently can I find any negative reviews.
- I might search for bad reviews on this person look at some of their closest competitors go to trade publications have they written anything are they a subject matter expert in the space.
So what’s really important for the advertiser and the person who’s trying to drive business online is that they understand all the different touch points that are associated with a conversion.
- So the first touch point might be a Google search where they have to get ranked very high in Google.
- Second touch point might be Facebook where they go to your Facebook page and they’re looking through that
- Another touch point might be a search that actually happens in Facebook where they’re searching and then they see that their family and friends have recommended similar products and services.
- Another touch point potentially a Pinterest, or a review site, or a trade publication.
- They might click on a Google AdWords ad.
- They might click on a remarketing ad and so on and so forth.
So what you need to understand is “what are all these different online areas”.
- Based off of each one of these areas where do they fall within the customer journey and then what’s the potential for direct last click conversions to convert.
- And then what’s the potential for them being somewhere inside of the linear sequence before they convert.
- How important is it for them to be in there.
so if you can put all those things together and then take it and make it, so that you understand your exact map of:-
- Where your customer is online
- Where they go online
- Create a marketing strategy that hits each one of those areas okay so that’s about it today for creating a map online.
What I Really Want Everybody To Understand is:-
- Before you do any digital marketing don’t just get sold into email marketing don’t just get sold into SEO don’t just get sold into pay-per-click”.
- Understand who’s your customer take a step back where all the touch it’s going to be online.
- What’s going to be the most effective couple mediums and channels to get into first.
- What are the other ones that are going to be really important to support those other channels so that when a customer does come through there they convert as well.
- This is really important stuff and it’s going to help you a lot drive leads.